Kunzite (specifically Kunzite Facet 1012 Cut-092) is a former high-ranking Homeworld Gem.
Kunzite is tall with a slender build. He possesses a hot pink complexion, thin lips, a small pointed nose, and narrow, orchid-colored eyes. He has short, dark pink hair that obscures a small portion of his face, and is styled to feature spikes in the back. His gemstone is embedded on the back of his neck.
Kunzite's outfit consists of a light blue dress shirt, a dark blue tuxedo vest, a royal blue diamond-shaped tie, dark blue dress pants, and dark blue dress shoes. He wears industrial piercings on both of his ears as accessories.
Kunzite is an intelligent, quick-witted, demure Gem who takes himself and the people around him very seriously. He has no patience for shenanigans and tomfoolery, and won’t hesitate to confront someone if they’re bothering him. Kunzite’s one true passion in life is fashion and designing fashion. He spends most of his free time designing outfits for Gems and humans respectively, a hobby he uses to connect with people on a deeper level. It’s rare to see Kunzite breaking away from this hobby, but occasionally he does enjoy spending his free time doing other things, such as exploring.
Kunzite was created on Homeworld around 6,000 years ago. He was created for the purpose of designing various different Gems - such as, but not limited to: pearls, lapis lazulis, zircons, aquamarines, etc. Upon creation, he was placed under Pink Diamond’s court of Gems, where he remained until she faked her own shattering. From that point on, he became a Blue Diamond Gem. With the abolishment of Homeworld’s society, Kunzite now spends his free days, travelling back and forth between planets, in search of materials to be used for his outfit designs. He spends a majority of his time on Earth however, as he attends Little Homeworld.
Kunzite possesses standard Era-1 Gem abilities; bubbling, shape-shifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability. He doesn't possess many abilities outside of this however, as he wasn’t created with combat in mind. Due to his limited supply of weaponry and weak physical build, he usually relies on strategy when faced with a physical conflict.
- Fabrikinesis: Kunzite can create, shape and manipulate many different types of material (cotton, plastic, leather, wool, etc.) or type, and textiles/cloth, a flexible material consisting of a network of natural or artificial fibres formed by weaving, knitting, crocheting, knotting, or felting.
- Summoning Weapon: Kunzite is capable of summoning a pair of hot pink scissors from his gemstone, used when needs to design a physical outfit for a Gem.
- Sewing Needles: The industrial piercings on each of his ears are actually sewing needles that he is capable of ripping out with little effort. He is able to manipulate their size and sharpness.
- Thread: Additionally, he is able to summon a small amount of thread from his gemstone to go along with his sewing needles.
Sea Salt Pearl was Kunzite’s pearl prior to the dismantlement of Gem society. The two were almost always on each other's nerves, getting into arguments over small, menial things. Sea Salt Pearl would always insult Kunzite and his skills as a designer, while Kunzite would retaliate with comments pertaining to her low rank in the Gem hierarchy. The two ceased all interactions with one another after his ownership over her was revoked. He likes to pretend he never met her in the first place.
- Kunzite was first discovered in Connecticut, USA. The first significant commercial deposit was discovered 1902 in the Pala region of San Diego, California, where morganite (pink beryl) was also discovered.
- The most important deposits of kunzite are from Minas Gerais, Brazil, but most of the current supply is from Afghanistan and Pakistan. Other sources include Madagascar, Myanmar and the USA.
- Kunzite is closely related to hiddenite, the yellow-green member of the spodumene gemstone family which was also discovered and named after an American mineralogist.
- Kunzite and the entire spodumene group are important industrial sources of lithium, which is used for the making of medicines, ceramics, mobile phones and automotive batteries.
- Kunzite is usually pale but it can sometimes be bright and quite intense. Kunzite colors range from light pink to saturated pink; lilac to lavender, and from light violet to pink-violet.
- Color is known to fade with prolonged exposure to strong light. Kunzite is strongly pleochroic, resulting in different color intensities (usually pink, clear and violet) depending on the angle it is viewed from.
|Kunzite's gemstone is located on the back of his neck. It resembles a rounded square, featuring a square-shaped facet.|
|15+ ONLY. Remember to read the rules here!|
Notability is not an issue. This wiki is specifically about roleplay, and anything related to it (characters involved, detailed plot descriptions) is considered notable.
This wiki is also written with the assumption that the reader has at least some basic knowledge of the lore and major characters of the show.