Sea Salt Pearl stands tall with a thin build. She possesses a light pink complexion, small lips, a large pointed nose, and hot pink eyes slathered in mascara. She has long, flowing, hot pink hair that is typically brushed to the side. Her gemstone is embedded on the center of her forehead.
Her outfit consist of a black corset that just barely conceals her chest, black elbow length latex gloves with hot pink nails attached, a short violet-colored skirt, pink high heel pumps, fishnets, and black diamond-shaped earrings on each of her ears. As a mark of Kunzite’s ownership over her, she wears a few accessories that resemble aspects of his attire; Her white collar and cuffs.
Sea Salt Pearl is a stuck up, rotten, spoiled little brat who will stop at nothing to get what she wants. She sees no problem in manipulating other people to her advantage, even those she claims to care about. She finds pleasure and amusement in berating others for their shortcomings and flaws, and finds her own hurtful words to be “helpful advice”. For the most part, her nasty personality stems from her bitterness towards her placement in the Gem hierarchy, believing that she is worthy of a much better title than a "servant". As a form of payback to Homeworld for her lower rank, she refuses to act as a servant to any Gem who she serves under, which has caused her to be labeled as defective.
Sea Salt Pearl was created around 8,000 years ago in one of Homeworld’s many kindergartens. She was made specifically to serve a high-ranking Kyanite who served under Blue Diamond. However, she was quickly disposed of when it was discovered she had a personality defect - she refused to do anything her master told her, and had a bad habit of giving her master attitude. Instead of of sending Sea Salt Pearl off to be shattered, this Kyanite transferred ownership of her to another Gem. Eventually, this Gem got sick of Sea Salt Pearl’s constantly attitude and refusal to contribute anything, and they too passed her off. This cycle has continued on for 1,000s of years, and still continues on to this day. Recently, Sea Salt Pearl was assigned to a Kunzite, who she currently remains under.
Kunzite is Sea Salt Pearl’s current owner. His ownership of Sea Salt Pearl began about a year ago, when Kunzite’s manager transferred her over to him as a gift. Since they laid eyes on one another, they’ve been in a constant state of conflict. Sea Salt Pearl often insults Kunzite and belittles the position he holds on Homeworld, teasing him for being “Like every other Gem on the planet”.
Sea Salt Pearl possesses traits and abilities that are common among all Gems of her type. Her summoning weapon is a riding crop.
- Weapon Proficiency: She is proficient in using her riding crop in combat. She is capable of summoning and wielding up to two at a time.
- Halokinesis: Sea Salt Pearl can shape and manipulate salt, a member of a wide range of chemicals formed when one or more hydrogen atoms of an acid has been replaced by a metal
- Latexkinesis: Sea Salt Pearl is able to manipulate latex, a stable dispersion (emulsion) of polymer microparticles in an aqueous medium.
|Sea Salt Pearl's gemstone is located on the center of her forehead. It is smooth and symmetrical, with no facets. It has a pinkish color and a dark gold ring around the edge.|
- A pearl is a hard object produced within the soft tissue (specifically the mantle) of a living shelled mollusk. Just like the shell of a clam, a pearl is composed of calcium carbonate in minute crystalline form, which has been deposited in concentric layers.
- Pearls being considered lesser Gems could be based off the fact that pearls are not "real" gemstones, but are instead organic, being formed by mollusks.
- As organic gemstones, pearls belong to the same group as ammolite, coral, ivory, jet and amber. These are all formed as a result of biological processes.
- Pearl is the official birthstone for the month of June as adopted by the American National Association of Jewelers in 1912. It is also the birthstone for the Sun Signs of Gemini and Cancer. Pearls are also given on the third and thirteenth anniversaries.
- Pearl is the national gemstone of the Philippines.
- The name "pearl" is said to have originated from the Middle English word "perle", which in turn came from the Latin word "perna", meaning "leg", thought to be due to the ham-leg shape of the bivalve mollusc.
- Pearls vary in color from white to those with a hint of color, often pink, to brown or black. Each coloration will depend on the type of mollusk and the water where the mollusk lived.
- Pearls come in white, off-white, cream, golden, peach, pink, black, silver, lavender, and blue.
- Some pearls exhibit iridescence, which is known as orient. Orient can be predominantly one color such as green or pink, or consist of a rainbow of colors in weak, moderate, or strong appearances.
- The colors of pearls also have sometimes been associated with certain qualities: black or gold with wealth, blue with love, pink with success.
- Pearls have been harvested and cultivated primarily for use in jewelry, but in the past were also used to adorn clothing. They have also been crushed and used in cosmetics, medicines and paint formulations.
- Pearls are thought to give wisdom through experience, to quicken the laws of karma and to cement engagements and love relationships. They are thought to keep children safe.
- Pearls are quite "soft" and range between 2.5 and 4.5 on the Mohs scale of hardness. Because the nacre is organic, pearls are very sensitive to extreme heat, acids, dryness, and humidity.
- Although pearls are relatively soft, they are extremely compact, which makes them durable and resistant to being crushed.